|Sterling Research Group is a well-established, dedicated, multi-therapeutic research center,
conducting phase II - IV clinical trials, with two centers in Cincinnati,
Ohio. The company consists of a very
experienced staff, and maintains an excellent reputation within the
Clinical Research Physician
SUMMARY: The Clinical Research Physician is a vital part of a dedicated research site, providing medical leadership, oversight, and management of human clinical trials while ensuring the integrity of the studies and the safety and well-being of study participants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Participate in clinical trials as Principal Investigator(PI) and Sub-Investigator, with the goal of facilitating high quality research
- Personally supervise the overall conduct of clinical studies as PI
- Maintains thorough knowledge of regulatory requirements and GCP guidelines
- Review protocols as needed to determine feasibility of conducting studies at the research site
- Participate in regular study meetings with staff and sponsors
- Participates in monitoring visits and audits as appropriate
- Attends Investigator’s Meetings as appropriate-may require travel
- Perform medical histories, physical exams, and protocol based assessments for qualification of subjects for studies
- Review lab results, ECG’s, other diagnostics results
- Determine suitability of study volunteers for enrollment
- Supervise mid-level practitioners
- Assess and manage adverse events and medical emergencies
- Participate in developing and maintaining infrastructure of the clinical site
- May participate in the orientation of new staff physicians/PA’s
Medical Degree plus at least 5 years of clinical experience in adult medicine. Experience in clinical research preferred.
Current, unrestricted license in Ohio, and current DEA license. ACLS certification a plus.