THINGS TO CONSIDER
Purpose of Study?
- What is the purpose of the study? This information will be provided by the research team.
Benefits and Risks Involved (Benefit:Risk Ratio)
- What are the potential benefits of participating in the study?
- Do they outweigh any potential risks involved?
Length & Location of Study
- Do you have time to devote to the study?
- Will you need to make special arrangements with your employer, spouse, or others in order to participate?
- Convenience of location; do you feel comfortable spending time at the study's location?
- Are there alternative treatments available?
- Would these alternatives better suit my lifestyle?
- Are these alternative treatments presently available or future alternatives?
Medical Care and Safety Monitor (for Patients)
- Will somebody be present onsite to assure my safety is considered?
- Is the physician/safety monitor accessible to me while the study is being conducted?
- Is it safe to test medications?